Watson-Glaser UNSUPERVISED and SUPERVISED (UK Edition)
Measure critical thinking ability. Supervised and unsupervised.
|Author/s:||Goodwin Watson and Edward M Glaser, 2002|
|Administration:||Individual or Group - Up to 30 minutes. 40 items. Online or paper & pencil (supervised only)|
|Qualification code:||OC2 (BPS Level A / Test User: Occupational Ability)|
|Norms:||A range of norms is included in the report (see Sample report)|
|Scoring:||Hand scored, online or bureau service|
About Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal
Critical thinking is the ability to look at a situation and clearly understand it from multiple perspectives whilst separating facts from opinions and assumptions.
Watson Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal looks at
The Watson-Glaser Test of Critical Thinking Appraisal has been revised several times since its conception. The latest versions are the Watson-Glaser Unsupervised and Watson-Glaser Supervised.
This online test was designed in response to customer requests for an item-banked version of Watson-Glaser which could be used for sifting-out candidates.
It can be used for both unsupervised and supervised online completion.
- item-banked and suitable for unsupervised, online completion
- Ideal for graduate and managerial level selection.
- 40 items and timed (up to 30 minutes)
- A wide range of norm comparison group - bespoke norms can be added
- A scored report with scores in 3 sub-areas is generated on completion (recognition of assumptions, evaluation of arguments, drawing conclusions)
- Online Candidate verification function
- Ideal for graduate, supervisor or manager sifting
- Tests are easy to administer (group/individual invites)
- Can be linked to Applicant Tracking Systems
- Multiple report types – including interview and development (for existing staff)
This paper-based test is designed for supervised completion only and is used to assess candidates under supervision or for re-testing applicants who have completed the unsupervised version previously
- 40 items and timed (up to 30 mins)
- A wide range of comparison norms
New norms are available for Watson-Glaser UNSUPERVISED and these are integrated within the profile report (see Sample report). In-house norms built by organisations can be mapped to the new item-banked test by Pearson TalentLens' Consultants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about this service.
A full set of norm tables are available to download free of charge to registered users from the Resources section (you will need to login before you attempt to download the normal tables).
The following reports are available:
- A profile report containing the test-taker's score against all norm groups. If used for a retest (verification purposes), the report also provides information on whether the candidate's new score is significantly worse than their first.
- An interview report with questions based on the test-taker's score at the sub-scale level. Interview questions will change depending on these sub-scores.
- A development report for use in development interventions. The report shows how to leverage strengths in critical thinking and create a development plan.
Online W-G Unsupervised prices start at £15.00 plus VAT per candidate (including a profile report). Volume discount is available, please contact Customer Services at email@example.com for more information.
The new 40 item version has full equivalence to the current 80 item Form C, which is still available upon request.
A Watson-Glaser familiarisation and practice booklet is available in the resources section for holders of the British Psychological Society's Test User, Occupational: Ability [Level A] qualification.
Candidates who are about to take the Watson-Glaser and require a practice test should contact their test administrator or the organisation for which they are taking the test. However, candidates are able to practice their critical thinking skills via an iPhone Think-O-Meter App - visit the Information for Test Takers page for more information.
We are pleased to offer a bureau service for this product. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Wyn Davies on 020 7010 2866.
Please note that this product is only available to registered users with an OC2 Qualification Code.
Are you looking to develop your critical thinking, but don't have the qualifications to use Watson Glaser? We now offer an online behavioural questionnaire measuring your critical thinking with a report offering developmental tips and advice. This is available to anyone, without the need for any qualifications, from the eshop at www.peterhoney.com.