Use Versant™ to objectively measure English speaking skills.
- Evaluate the ability to understand spoken English
- Evaluate the ability to be understood when English is spoken
- Enable consistent English language proficiency levels throughout your organisation
- Evaluate English spoken language proficiency and objectively.
Versant™ enables you to assess levels of spoken English language skills necessary for a work role or job.
- Use Versant™ to assess an individual’s spoken English language skills in 15 minutes or less.
- Choose convenient, easy and secure administration by telephone.
- Once you have authorised the testing process, the applicant simply makes a phone call and the testing begins. Results are automatically scored and available within minutes.
Versant™ saves time and improves the hiring process
When interviewing time is limited, use the fully automated Versant™ to screen any number of candidates and make sure you interview only those with sufficient spoken language skills. The tests are simple and intuitive for native speakers and for proficient non-native speakers of English. Items have been reviewed for fairness and bias-free usage.
How Versant™ test administration works
- The administrator provides the candidate with written instructions and a personal access number.
- The candidates can access the test 24 hours a day by phone from wherever they are being assessed.
- The administrator retrieves scores online within minutes.
The candidate achieves an overall score with sub-scores in the following areas:
- Fluency. This reflects the rhythm, phrasing and timing evident in constructing, reading and repeating sentences.
- Sentence Mastery. This reflects the ability to understand, recall and produce English phrases and clauses in complete sentences.
- Vocabulary. This reflects the ability to understand common everyday words spoken in sentence context and to produce such words as needed.
Recommended cut-off scores have been carefully calculated but we can work with you to determine job specific bespoke cut-off scores if required.