We have adapted our BPS Verified course to meet the needs of our clients at this time. Our Level A course is now available as a remote, online training course – developed by Angus McDonald and according to the BPS qualification standards.
Face-to-Face Training – Future Dates TBC
This BPS verified course has been designed to provide training leading to the fulfilment for the British Psychological Society’s Certificate of Competence in the use of Ability tests.
This course is relevant to anyone wishing to use Ability/Aptitude tests for recruitment, selection or development purposes, such as HR managers, recruiters, occupational psychologists, training managers and team leaders. After attending, delegates will:
- Be able to purchase and administer ability tests from ALL reputable test publishers.
- Obtain an industry standard qualification, required by many consultancies and organisations.
- Reduce the cost of hiring external consultants, assessors and recruiters who are often used to carry out test administration.
- Achieve the essential precursor to the BPS Test User: Occupational Personality (Level B) qualification.
- Be able to register their qualification with the BPS.
There are 3-4 hours of pre-coursework.
- Reliability (theory and application)
- Validity (theory and application)
- Introduction to and preparation for Test Administration
- Test Administration and Scoring
- Observed Feedback
- Fairness and Bias in testing
- Legal Aspects of testing
- Administration and Feedback Plenary Session
Within 3 months of attending, delegates are required to complete some post course work.